The Baltimore Conference held an organizational meeting on April 5, 1932 and formed the Baltimore Conference of Municipal, County, State, and Federal Food and Drug Officials of Virginia, West Virginia, District of Columbia, and Maryland”. The organization was to be ”known as the Baltimore Conference and consist of quarterly meetings of food and drug officials located in Virginia, West Virginia, District of Columbia and Maryland”. Members mentioned that “they had kept in close touch with agencies and other communities and have been on every program of the Central Atlantic States Association of Dairy Food and Drug Officials”
The first quarterly meeting was held on April 19, 1932. Mr. A.L. Sullivan, Food and Drug Commissioner of Maryland was elected Chairman.
The Baltimore Conference of CASA has kept the tradition of having quarterly meetings since 1932.
As was mentioned in the organizational meeting “the annual conventions of the Association, matters of policy, program and administration are discussed while at the Conference meetings the details of field inspection, laboratory, procedure, and detailed execution are discussed” The Baltimore Conference has maintained this philosophy by conducting diverse quarterly meeting aimed at helping the sanitarian complete his/her mission.
Being the largest conference in CASA with a membership of more than 300, comprised of sanitarians from every local jurisdiction in Maryland, State and County officials from Maryland, District of Columbia and Delaware, federal officials from FDA and USDA, industry and academic members, we are a major trainer for registered sanitarians in Maryland who must receive CEUs to maintain their registration.
- Baltimore Conference - Training - 06/09/2016
- Baltimore Conference - Annoucement of 332nd Quarterly Meeting
- Baltimore Conference - 331st Quarterly Meeting - 12/10/2015
- Baltimore Conference - Announcement of 330th Quarterly Meeting - 09/24/2015
- Baltimore Conference - 329th Quarterly Meeting - 06/17/2015
- Baltimore Conference 327th Quarterly Meeting - 12/3/2014
- Baltimore Conference - 326th Quarterly Meeting - 9/10/2014
- Baltimore Conference - Announcement of 325th Quarterly Meeting - 06/12/2014
- Baltimore Conference - Announcement of 324th Quarterly Meeting - 3/13/2014
- Baltimore Conference - Announcement of 323rd Quarterly Meeting - 12/5/2013
SkipJack – Winter 2013 (PDF)
SkipJack – Fall 2014 (PDF)
The Baltimore Conference Board voted to promote attendance at the annual conference by creating a scholarship fund to assist members that desire to attend but are not supported by their employers. Up to eight (8) scholarships will be awarded to a member in good standing for the current year (2016) and the previous two consecutive years (2014 and 2015). The award will cover the cost of the conference registration only.
Interested individuals may complete this short application. Applications may be mailed or emailed, but must be RECEIVED no later than March 7, 2016.