Central Atlantic States Association of Food and Drug Officials
In 1916, Food and Drug Officials, and interested affiliates in the Central Atlantic area organized themselves for the purpose of improving coordination of their respective programs at the local, state and federal jurisdictional levels – thus CASA.
The current objectives of this growing professional association, as written in its Constitution, are as flows:
1. Promote and foster uniformity of laws affecting foods, drugs cosmetics and devices.
2. Encourage and promote enforcement of said laws.
3. Encourage and support programs which will contribute to consumer protection consistent with broad purpose and laws.
4. Assist members in their technical work and development.
5. Cooperate with other professional groups in advancing consumer protection under said laws.
6. Encourage and promote cooperative enforcement programs with federal agencies and between related enforcement agencies in each state.
7. Cooperate with the Association of Food and Drug Officials and other organizations having similar objectives.
8. Foster and promote modernization of laws, procedures and inspectional and analytical techniques in the light of developing technological improvements relating to the production and processing of foods, drugs, cosmetics and devices.
9. Encourage and promote improvement communications between and among consumers, enforcement and related producers and industry groups.
Through the active participation of Regular and Associate Members, CASA works to achieve these goals, and thus, improve the effectiveness of existing consumer protection programs.
For a pdf brochure about CASA click the following link.
CASABrochure.pdf (122 KB)